Internet Usage Policy
This Acceptable Policy has been formulated by SERVICE PROVIDER) to ensure the legitimate use of Service by the Customer. This Acceptable Usage Policy has to be signed by the Customer along with the Service Level Agreement. The terms and conditions, including definitions and interpretations as contained in Service Agreement, shall govern this Policy document.
Terms and Conditions
- The Customer shall and undertakes to fully comply with all applicable laws and regulations including without limitation, the provisions of the Nigerian communications act, the Nigerian communications act, 2003 made there under, and any amendments or replacements made thereto from time to The Customer will ensure that the Service provided by SERVICE PROVIDER shall not be used by the Customer himself nor the Customer shall allow his customers or any other party to use the same for any purposes other than the purposes permissible under the applicable statutory or regulatory provisions.
- The Customer shall be responsible for obtaining additional IP addresses, over and above the maximum limit of SERVICE PROVIDER IP addresses that could be assigned by SERVICE PROVIDER. The SERVICE PROVIDER IP Addresses are non-portable and have to be returned to SERVICE PROVIDER on the termination of Service.
- The Customer has agreed not to use the Services for any of the following activities:
- Establishing connection to any Public Switched Network in Nigeria.
- Resell or cause to resell or offer to sell this Service.
- Interconnectivity with other ISPs.
- Distribution of software, programs, or messages that may cause damage or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems.
- Forging or misrepresenting a message header of an electronic transmission originating or passing through Network
- Transmitting unsolicited email to multiple recipients, sending large amounts of email repeatedly that annoys, harasses, or threatens another person or entity, or attempts to use Network for SPAM
- Fraudulent activities including, but not limited to, intentional misrepresentations or misleading statements, writings or activities made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it; obtaining services with the intent to avoid payment; and hosting of phishing websites
- Unauthorized access includes the illegal or unauthorized access to other computers, accounts, or networks; accessing or attempting to access computer resources belonging to another party; attempting to penetrate security measures of other systems
- SERVICE PROVIDER may block internet sites and/or terminate the Service of the Customer, as directed by the Telecom Authority from time to time.
- The Customer shall maintain a log of all users connected and the service they are using (mail, telnet, HTTP etc.). Customers must also log every outward login or telnet through their computers. These logs, as well as copies of all the packets originating from the Customer Equipment, must be available in real-time to Telecom Authority. Type of logins, where the identity of the logged-in user is not known, should not be permitted
Unless expressly stated herein, SERVICE PROVIDER makes no express or implied warranties, guarantees, representations, or undertaking, whatsoever, regarding the Service or Customer Equipment, etc. which are provided by it
- In no event will SERVICE PROVIDER or its Affiliates, employees, officers, and directors have any liability under these terms and conditions, regardless of the basis on which each party is entitled to claim damages (including breach, negligence, misrepresentation, or other contract or tort claim), for any special, incidental, punitive, or indirect damages, or for any economic consequential damages (including lost profits or savings), even if foreseeable or even if the Customer has been advised of the possibility of such damages
- The Customer shall ensure that objectionable, obscene, unauthorized, or any other content, messages, or communications infringing copyright, Intellectual property right, and international & domestic cyber laws, in any form or inconsistent with the laws of Nigeria, are not carried in his network, by him or any other person using his network.
The Customer must take all necessary measures to prevent it. The use of the Service for anti-national activities and/or unlawful activities would be construed as an offense punishable under the applicable law. Acts such as break-ins or attempted break-ins of Nigerian networks shall be regarded as an anti-national act and shall be dealt with in accordance with the applicable law. The Customer must ensure that the Service provided by SERVICE PROVIDER is not used for such purposes by him or any other person using his network
- Any behavior by a customer that causes blacklisting must be remedied by the Customer within 48 hours of written, electronic or telephonic notice from the SERVICE PROVIDER. Known spammers, previously unidentified, will be removed from the network once identified.
- The Customer shall provide the necessary support to SERVICE PROVIDER, NCC, or any other Government Agencies to counteract espionage, subversive act, sabotage, or any other unlawful activity
- SERVICE PROVIDER reserves the right to disconnect the Service in case there is sufficient evidence of the Customer’s intentionally or unintentionally using the Service in a manner which would adversely impact/affect the network or infrastructure of SERVICE PROVIDER.
- SERVICE PROVIDER may change, amend, or revise the above terms and conditions at any time as and when necessary, in order to comply with any statutory, legal, or regulatory requirements and the Customer agrees to abide by such modified terms and conditions. Such changes, amendments, or revisions shall be deemed effective upon posting an updated and duly dated regulatory compliance to the Customer via email, fax, post, or through any other medium opted by SERVICE PROVIDER
- The Customer represents that he has read and understood the terms and conditions herein and has been fully informed about the Service to be provided by SERVICE PROVIDER, its specification, requirement, limitations, etc., and has understood the same and has thereafter agreed to sign this subscription request. That in the event of a breach of any of the terms and conditions of this undertaking, SERVICE PROVIDER shall have the right to terminate the Service without any liability whatsoever
- SERVICE PROVIDER assumes no responsibility, and assumes no liability for, the security and integrity of data or information a User transmits via the Service or over the internet, including data information transmitted via any server designated as “secure.” SERVICE PROVIDER does not monitor, exercise control over, or accept responsibility for the content of information passing through the Network. SERVICE PROVIDER will cooperate with legal authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal or civil violations.
- The Customer shall be responsible for the activities of the end-users and, by accepting Service from SERVICE PROVIDER, agrees to inform the end-users to abide by the above Policy terms or any acceptable usage policy defined by the Customer, which must be co-extensive and consistent with above Policy terms.